Business and Professional Women's Foundation
The Business and Professional Women’s Foundation (BPW Foundation) was the first foundation dedicated to conducting research and providing information solely about working women. Since then, it has partnered with employers to create successful workplaces that embrace and practice diversity, equity and work-life balance convening employers, working women and policymakers to promote systemic workplace change.
In 2007 BPW Foundation conducted the first research on women veteran’s transition to civilian careers and in 2010, hosted a National Summit, Joining Forces for Women Veterans to identify the challenges women veterans face.
Through information gathered at the summit, the need for mentors was identified and in 2012 BPW Foundation launched Joining Forces for Women Veterans and Military Spouses Mentoring Plus a program recognized by the White House Joining Forces Military Family initiative. The mentoring program is built on a legacy of working women helping women work.
--From the BPW Foundation website
- Business and Professional Women's Foundation Homelessness Issue Brief
- Women Veterans in Transition: Top Ten Recommendations for Employers
- Joining Forces for Women Veterans and Military Spouses Mentoring Plus
- First Impressions Matter When Hiring Women Veterans
- Ready To Grow: A Snapshot of Women Small Business Owners
- Business and Professional Women's Foundation Fact Sheet
- Military Spouses: Employment and Careers Issue Brief