Troops to Teachers
Troops to Teachers (TTT) is managed by the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES), Pensacola, Florida. The purpose of TTT is to assist eligible military personnel to transition to a new career as public school teachers in “high-need” schools. A network of state offices has been established to provide participants with counseling and assistance regarding certification requirements, routes to state certification, and employment leads. The TTT homepage provides information and resource links, including a job referral system to allow participants to search for job vacancies as well as links to state Departments of Education, state certification offices, model resumes, and other job listing sites in public education. Troops to Teachers is not a teacher certification program.
Troops to Teachers Candidates must meet all state teacher certification requirements for the state where they desire to teach.
--From the TTT website
- Troops to Teachers: State Office Points of Contact
- Troops to Teachers: Getting Started
- Troops to Teachers: A Model Pathway to a Second Tour of Duty
- Troops to Teachers: Transitioning Military Personnel to New Careers as Public School Teachers: Eligibility Information
- Troops to Teachers: A Profile of Education in Action